The hams from our pig were quite strongly smoked so I really love to pair them with a rich sweet glaze. For cooking your ham, refer to the package instructions to see if it is partially, fully, or uncooked to know how long it'll need in the oven. I cooked my ham until the internal temperature reached 160 since while it was cold smoked it wasn't truly cooked and I'd rather be safe than sorry. This recipe is for a medium sized ham, about 3lbs.
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (the real stuff)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon dried ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- dash of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper (give or take a bit, it was 2 grinds of my peppermill)
Serve your ham with whatever sides you prefer. I like some eggs over easy with nice runny yolks.