Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Recipe Variations: Cinnamon Rolls

I rarely find a recipe that I don't tweak a little bit so I'm going to start an occasional feature showing how I've changed recipes available online. Today's subject: Paula Deen's Cinnamon Rolls.

Now I rarely make any of Paula's dishes because there's just too much butter and oil but for an occasional dessert recipe that's okay.

My variations:

1: I added a pinch of allspice and ground loves to the cinnamon mixture that goes inside the buns. Just punched up the aroma factor a bit.
2: I used rapid rise yeast to cut the time it took to make. For bread I use regular yeast but for something like this rapid rise is great.
3: Instead of putting the roll slices in a baking pan I put them into a large muffin tin. This made for easy serving.

The results were complete success and 12 rolls barely lasted 24 hours.

No comments: